QUICK CALL REQUEST
Request a call now and we’ll reach out within 24 hours to schedule your estimate!
It can be difficult to notice a roof that’s in disrepair unless the problem is obvious from the ground level or you have noticeable leaking in your home. Once you do realize something is wrong, it is essential to get roof repairs as soon as possible from the experts at The Modern Pros to prevent further deterioration. We serve the Detroit area and correct roofing problems of all sizes, so your entire home is safe, clean, dry, and protected.
Signs You Need Roof Repairs
Homeowners are at a slight disadvantage when it comes to the condition of their roof. You can’t easily conduct your own inspection of the materials and state of this essential component of your home. Thankfully, there are some visible signs that indicate roof repairs and professional help are needed:
- Damaged shingles: Any shingles that are curled or cracked – or simply are not lying flat – are a sign of roof damage and problems to come.
- Missing shingles: Finding a shingle on the ground could be a one-time fluke, or it could indicate that a bigger problem is developing and, left untreated, could cause structural issues like mold and rot.
- Shedding: There is a protective layer of granules on roof shingles and, as the roof ages and takes a beating from strong weather, the granules loosen and collect in gutters or on the ground around downspouts.
- Gutter problems: Clogged or leaking gutters are not just a sign of a problem with your gutters – they could be the sign of a problem with your roof.
- Discoloration: A stained roof is very noticeable from the ground. It can be caused by several possible problems, like rust, algae, or asphalt bleed-through. Power washing can eliminate some of the discoloration but other stains are the sign of a bigger problem that requires roof repairs.
- Dents: If a hailstorm recently hit your home and damaged ground items like cars, air conditioning units, landscaping, or outdoor furniture and play equipment, it can be assumed that your roof has suffered damage too.
- Attic leak: If your home is leaking inside the attic, it’s a sign that something could be wrong with your roof. Even if you don’t see water dripping or pouring down, rotting wood and mold are indicators of a hidden roof leak.
If you walk around your home or observe it from the street, you can see the roof from several angles. Sometimes, it’s easy to see obvious damage from the ground or find materials that are supposed to be on the roof.
Roof Repairs Save You Money
If you are concerned about needing to potentially needing roof replacement, know that if a roof is less than 15 years old, repairs are often all you need to correct the problem. Each home, though, is different, and you need the eyes and knowledge of an expert to provide recommendations about what’s best to keep your roof strong and safe from developing further problems.
Remember, the cost of roof replacement is more than roof repairs. If you need a minor patch job or a few shingles replaced, your roof can last that much longer without need to be replaced. But the longer you drag your feet about getting roof problems fixed, the greater likelihood you will experience serious home issues and need even more serious work done sooner rather than later.