QUICK CALL REQUEST
Request a call now and we’ll reach out within 24 hours to schedule your estimate!
New Roof Pricing
When roof replacement is necessary, the first thing most people think about is the expense. The cost of new roof is a significant investment in your home, but you don’t want to select the cheapest option, and you don’t necessarily need all the bells and whistles to get a secure cover for your house. At The Modern Pros, we walk our clients through every option, go over your budget, and identify needs and wants to ensure that the pricing you receive is just right for you.
Average New Roof Pricing
A well-installed roof can last for decades, but it won’t last forever. If you’ve been in your house for years without tending to the covering over your head, the time is near when you will need a roof replacement. So, the question is: What cost can you expect for new roof?
- The average cost of a new roof is around $10,000.
- New roof pricing usually falls between $5,500 and $20,000.
- Basic asphalt shingles cost between $4-6 per square foot.
- Labor cost makes up the largest percentage of new roof pricing.
- Fluctuating material prices impact roof costs.
Every home is different, as are homeowner preferences and budgets. As you gather estimates for your new roof, remember that the lowest number is not the best number. Give preference to the roofing contractor who has prioritized you and your needs.
Factors That Affect Roof Replacement Pricing
If you want to guesstimate pricing of your new roof yourself before you speak with a roofing company, here are some of the facts and figures to factor in:
- Roof removal: A new roof can’t be installed until the old one is removed, and this will impact pricing, especially if you have multiple, heavy layers of roofing on your home. There are also fees for disposal of all unwanted materials.
- Roof size: If you have a big house with plenty of square footage, your big roof will cost more to replace.
- Roof pitch: The steeper the roof, the more dangerous the job and, very likely, the bigger the roof. More materials will be needed to cover the area and special equipment may be necessary to safely install it.
- Chosen materials: Your preferred roofing material can be the difference between reasonable new roof pricing and extremely high pricing. There are low-end and high-end options for everyone.
- Location: Geographic location impacts roof pricing, especially if you live in an area with a higher cost of living. If you have an HOA, they may demand additional permits and fees.
Special New Roofing Considerations
It’s natural to have sticker shock when speaking with a roofing expert about pricing but remember that your roof is an essential part of your home. It protects your house from the elements and keeps you and your family safe. Investing in the maintenance of your roof is a worthwhile and necessary expense.
Keep the following considerations in mind and know that they can play a role or unexpectedly arise along the way and impact pricing:
- Damaged rafters
- Pest infestations
- Rotting wood
- Weather problems
Remember too that your own preferences impact cost. If you want skylights or solar panels, if you have solar panels and they need to be removed and reinstalled, if you want to replace a chimney. Budgeting helps identify what’s really a worthwhile and necessary addition to your roof.
Get New Roof Pricing from Detroit Roofing Company
You can wonder about how much a new roof will cost, or you can get roof pricing estimate from the trusted experts at The Modern Pros. We serve Livonia and the entire Detroit area, installing custom roofing solutions for every client. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a free estimate.