When it comes to attic insulation, your house needs the very best. By prioritizing this area of your home, all the green energy efforts you wish to employ – or have already employed – will deliver the rewards you’ve been hoping for. Insulation has everything to do with your roofing, your house temperature, and your monthly bills, so if you’re trying to go green, it’s essential to give this part of your home its due.
The Link Between Attic Insulation and Going Green
Whether your attic is finished or whether you never even peek your head into that space to see what’s happening, it’s essential to know what’s going on with the topmost part of your home. By maintaining an awareness of your attic, you become aware of the rest of your house’s health and can make smart decisions about the best and most efficient ways to go green – once you have additional or improved attic insulation in place.
Here’s why that layer of insulation is so important:
- Maximize natural resources: The attic is greatly affected by weather conditions and the quality of your roof. If your roofing is in poor condition, the attic will be too. The better your attic insulation is, the more effective your efforts at adopting home energy efficiency will be.
- Maximize energy savings: Your attic sets the stage for the rest of your home’s temperature. Adding helps increase your home’s warmth in winter, maintain a cool temp in the summer, and keep the home temp just right all year long. A well-insulated home benefits from all other measures to improve home energy needs.
- Employ other green energy methods: A well-insulated attic is an excellent foundation for all other energy-saving measures you want to implement around your home, including solar panels, solar water heating, or other sources of green energy.
Steps for Getting New Insulation
You don’t have to figure out what’s going on with your attic, or even try to guess whether you need more insulation. Work with an attic insulation contractor to get a thorough inspection and recommendations for improving what’s going on at the highest point in your house and throughout the walls.
You can expect the following steps from additional insulation efforts:
- Inspection for air leaks in the attic.
- Evaluation of existing insulation.
- Recommendations for new options, additions, or upgrades.
- Sealing of any air leaks using caulk, spray foam, or weather stripping.
- Adding of existing insulation in the preferred or recommended form.
Work with an Attic Insulation Contractor
The Modern Pros are an experienced Michigan Insulation Contractor. We use only the best blown-in cellulose insulation for open access attics and attic walls. Whether you have an old house or a new build, insulation is a must to keep your square footage livable. Better attic insulation improves air quality, increases comfort, and saves you money.
Most homes don’t have enough attic insulation and suffer from leaks and holes. Invest in your space with help from The Modern Pros. Contact us to schedule an estimate. Learn more about your house and how much more green it can be.