Everything You’ve Always Wanted to Know About Insulation (But Were Too Afraid to Ask!)
You may not know much about insulation, you’re not alone. You’ve probably got questions, and the pros at Modern Exterior are here to help. Here are some common questions about insulation, and the answers that can help guide you in better understanding all you need to know.
- What is insulation? – Insulation, like its name implies, is material that is used to help insulate your home to not only help regulate its temperature, but also that can help you save on energy costs. When insulation isn’t properly placed, or if it degrades, your energy consumption and costs can really hurt your wallet and put a strain on your home’s heating and cooling systems.
- How long does insulation last? – Depending on the type of insulation in your home, this answer can greatly depend. Typically, insulation should last many years, but if your home is older and you’ve never had the insulation done, it might be time to have it replaced or add more to it.
- When is the best time to get insulation? – It’s best to get new insulation before you’ll need it most— or when the outdoor temperatures will be at their most extreme. In other words, springtime or fall, before the summer heat or winter frost roll around.
- What do I need to look for to know my insulation needs replacing? – Factors like irregular indoor temperatures, high energy bills, or indoor drafts might be indicators that you may need to update your insulation. Likewise, water damage, mold, or critter infestation are all obvious indicators that it’s time to get your insulation checked.
- What kinds of insulation are available, and how do I know what’s best for my home? – For modern homes, insulation solutions are abundant. From wall injection insulation to attic insulation to open access insulation, there are many different ways the Modern Pros can assure your home will be at its most comfortable and energy efficient.
For more information about insulation, why it’s important, what you can do to insulate your home, and an idea of how much money proper insulation can save you, check out your options here: Modern Xterior Insulation Pro Tips
And when you’re ready to get a quote for new or updated insulation, be sure to contact the pros at Modern Xterior before it’s too late to insulate! Contact Us